19 November 2008

Senior Stays Awake in Philosophy Class for the First Time All Semester

Brian Larson, a senior living off campus, stayed awake for an entire Philosophy class period for the first time this semester. The course, Hermeneutics and Literary Theory, has been able to put Mr. Larson to sleep within 10 minutes for the entire semester.

"I don't know what happened," Mr. Larson said, "I didn't even make a conscious effort to stay up. It just happened."

Mr. Larson was able to not only stay awake, but also contribute to the discussion on Wilhelm Dilthey's broadening of Hermeneutics. He was also able to make important corrections on his classmates' misconceptions of Heidegger's stance on the practice of Hermeneutics.

"Yeah, my classmates are a bunch of idiots," said Larson. "Maybe that's why I always fall asleep, to avoid the idiocy."

When asked how he felt about his experiece, Larson simply said, "Eh, I don't think I'll be doing it again any time soon."

No comments: